Virion-Serion launches WHO standardized IgG elisa against the whole spike protein (S1 / S2 ectodomain) of SARS-CoV-2.
This Elisa is standardized against the 1st WHO international standard for anti-SARS-CoV2 immunoglobulin (human): NIBSC code: 20/136 ”.
We are pleased to inform you that the „First WHO International Standard for anti-SARS-CoV-2 immunoglobulin (human)“ (NIBSC code 20/136) is now available. By using this reference material a standardization of the quantitative antibody activities is possible. The assigned unit value of 1000 IU/mL (IU = international units) after reconstitution refers to neutralizing antibodies whereas BAU/mL (BAU = binding antibody units) refers to ligand binding assays like SERION ELISA agile SARSCoV-2 IgG.
The quantitative SERION ELISA agile SARS-CoV-2 IgG test which is based on the whole spike protein (S1/S2 ectodomain) as antigen, was validated against the International Standard. A very good correlation (R2=0,9998) over 6 dilution steps has been evaluated (Figure 1), demonstrating a precise quantification over a wide measurement range.
- The utilization of the whole spike protein ensures an early and sensitive detection of SARS-CoV-2 IgG
- Sensitive IgA and IgM antibody detection with high specificity ideal for determination of acute infections as complement to direct pathogen detection
- Specific IgG test for epidemiological studies, determination of the immune status and to analyze pandemic progression
- Quantitative evaluation of IgA and IgG antibody titers
- Free from cross-reactions against other pathogens, also from the corona virus family
- In house produced antigens guarantee reliable and reproducible results as well as sufficient production quantities
- CE-marked assays